Khanh's Top Three Transferable Skills

1. Team work - Work effectively in a group or team to achieve goals.


            I have sharpened my team work skills since I was an undergraduate back in 2011. At that time, we studied, built and presented our projects together in a group. Team work requires understanding of how teams and groups function. For the time being, today's teams are different from the teams of the past, they are diverse (from different background), digital, and dynamic; however, by effectively operating in groups, we are able to identify group member's strength, therefore, assign tasks to fit them the most.

2. Organisation and time management - Manage and prioritise workload and time effectively.


           There is no denying that time management is one of the most important skills for every one who wants to succeed in their work. I am currently working as a cabinet maker and this skill set is a must-have skill that I have to master. Deadline always comes with stress; however, the point of it is to keep tasks, deliverable, and projects under control so that business operations can flow smoothly and provide satisfactory to our clients.

3. Verbal communication - Speak clearly and dynamically in a variety of situations. 

In my perspective, being a good listener is as important as being a good speaker. I always show people I am talking with that I care about their ideas and needs. I often organise my thoughts in advance so that I could eliminate many of the awkward pauses when I am speaking. I also pay attention to the gestures I make, my facial expressions, and my body language to ensure that they align with the message I am trying to deliver.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harmony Day

Apple Inc. and their products